Monday, August 12, 2013

Blessed

Thinking about how blessed I am. Examples that come to mind: 

1) That moment when one of your son's coaches just happen to have an extra, brand new pair of Nike football cleats in your son's size (for the record, he got his dad's super large feet so randomly having his exact size is kind of a miracle).

2) The fact that my husband still has a job and is able to carpool with a great guy so that our gas expense didn't go up even though his commute doubled, and he has company on the long drive home - especially in the mornings after a long night of work.

3) Four beautiful, healthy kids who make me proud every day of my life. Even when they mess up big time and break my heart, they accept discipline/correction well, and always strive to improve.
 
4) The fact that my husband is usually so super healthy that when he injured his back this summer, he had way more than enough sick leave to cover the 7 weeks of work he had to miss. It left us pretty tight financially, but it could have been financially devastating.

5) Random phone calls from far away daughters that brighten the gloomiest of days.

6) The best brothers in existence. Bar none.

7) My Paw Paw. There isn't enough room to write everything there is to write about him. He is a giant among men. He's the kind of man every girl wants to marry and every man wants to be.

I could go on and on, but 7 seems like a good place to stop. Ta ta for now!

No comments: