Thursday, July 18, 2013

Insecurity

Insecurity. Man, do I ever struggle with it. It overwhelms me, and overcomes me sometimes. It's like drowning, or choking, or being strangled. There are times when the wounds of my past coupled with the regret of my sin knocks the wind right out of me. I've memorized a lot of scripture. I know God's word. I have hidden it in my heart. It helps. I pray. It helps. But it's still a struggle. I'm not struggling today. Today, my prayer was about how to overcome my insecurity. I prayed for a battle plan. For something, anything, that could help me have victory over it before it began. The Lord answered my prayer with this:

There is no room for insecurity in one whose soul is eternally secure.

Do you ever get an answer from God that is so perfect, comforting, and reassuring, while also being utterly convicting? Jesus died for me. Jesus is holding me. He's got me in the palm of His hand. I rest in the shadow of His wing. He is a strong tower. A rock. A refuge. A mighty fortress. Completely trustworthy. I cling to verses that say things like at what time I am afraid, I will trust in You. And yet I struggle. I'm sick of it. I'm over it. And frankly, so is God. It's time for me to stop whining and realize that Jesus already fought this battle for me, and won. End of discussion. 

THERE IS NO ROOM FOR INSECURITY IN ONE WHOSE SOUL IS ETERNALLY SECURE.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really needed this today. Thank You!