Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas Dream Cookies

So the other night I dreamed a cookie recipe. This is not normal. I am keenly aware of this. Oddness aside, the cookies in my dream were completely amazing. Today, I made them. Oh. My. Gosh, you guys. They were just as amazing real life as they were in my dream. And because I love ya, and I don't like to be the only one who jiggles, I am sharing the recipe with you. You're welcome. And I'm sorry.  

Christmas dream cookies 
2 sticks of butter
1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs 
1 tsp. vanilla

1 1/2 cups of flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda

3 cups oatmeal
1 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
1 cup macadamia nuts
1 pkg white chocolate chips

Ghiradelli dipping chocolate melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars together. Mix in eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add gradually to butter mixture until combined. Mix in the oatmeal, nuts, cranberries, and chips one ingredient at a time until evenly distributed. Drop on a baking sheet using 2 spoons or a medium scoop. Bake for 13-17 minutes. Allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Once cool, dip half of each cookie into the melted chocolate and allow to dry on parchment paper. Enjoy with an icy cold glass of milk while you simultaneously sing my praises and curse the day you met me. 




1 comment:

LaurenR said...

You must try these! They are the best cookies we've ever had! After eating theses at Miss Paula's house my husband told me we had to make them when we got home! So if you haven't tried these, you must!